Wednesday 13 January 2010

I wish











I wish that I had been born in the days of King Arthur. I think that I would have fitted in a lot better if that had been the case. But, as we cannot choose when we are born, I can only dream of such things.





If I had been born in those good years, I hope I would have been a princess or a Lady. I would have had a handsome knight for whom I cared more than anything and he would ride away on quests, brave and dashing, and I would wish him Godspeed. But he would always return home to me.





Maybe I would have learned to weave and to use a loom if I had lived then. It would have been so wonderful.





But now, I may only dream.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sorry. Blogger decided to do some kind of funky hissy fit and deleted my comments. So. Yeah. :D

    I disagree. It wouldn't have been better and the chances are you would NOT have been a princess or a lady, unfortunately. Even then you were more than likely to have a short lifespan and that would be filled with mundane tasks such as weaving (which WOULD become mundane after the first few years), bearing children in the most painful way possible and then dying. So maybe not as dramatically tragic as that but…pain. =/

    And if you ever did fall for a knight he'd probably only care about ridiculous amounts of painfully abuse sex and he would lord it over everyone in a ridiculous fashion. Men. Then again, maybe you would get lucky. Still. Women had little consequence back in them days. =P Trust me, you're lucky where you are. ;)

    Don't even get me started on the disgusting poverty of the lower classes.

    ^^

    (Still I'd quite like to become a knight and have a shield and a pretty sword. :D)

    ReplyDelete